10 Interesting Language Facts (Part-3)
Embed This Infographic
For more Language Facts see:
Expand for References and Further Reading
10 Common Word & Pronunciation Mistakes
- Why Sideburns are Named as They Are
- The Origin of “Say Cheese” and When People Started Smiling in Photographs
- Why We Call the Seasons Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring
- Origin of the Phrase “Run Amok”
- Where the Phrase “Speak Of The Devil” Came From
- Why the Viet Cong Were Called “Charlie”
- Where the Term “Jackpot” Came From
- Why Do People Tell Actors to “Break a Leg”?
- The Origin of the Word “Condom”
- Is it “Racking Your Brain” or “Wracking Your Brain”?
|Share the Knowledge!|