Write for Us
Do you like learning new things? Are you great at research and at digging out interesting details? Do you have borderline OCD when it comes to getting facts correct in your articles?
Well, you just might have what it takes to write for Today I Found Out. If you’re interested, you can either send us a proposed article that you’ve already written or send us a pitch for one you think would be a good fit for Today I Found Out.
NOTE: We do NOT accept guest posts, nor will we post your infographic or “custom tailored article for Today I Found Out from [your] highly trained authors” in exchange for link backs or any such thing. Please only send emails to the address below if you’re genuinely interested in writing original articles for Today I Found Out for pay. All other emails and requests to our submissions address will be ignored.
For an article you’ve already written it must be:
- accurate and factual: This is the #1 most important rule for our site If what you submit isn’t factual and isn’t well researched, it won’t get accepted.
- educational and entertaining: so illustrating some interesting fact, historical event, or the like, while not reading like a dictionary.
- written by you with none of it plagiarized from somewhere else. (note: We always double check this before accepting an article.)
- not published elsewhere on the web. (published elsewhere in a magazine, book, or the like is OK, so long as you still own the rights to the article; please tell us if it’s been published in one of these places and where/when)
For an article pitch, please include:
- The interesting fact or thing you’ll be covering and what angle you plan to take.
- The title you think would work best for the article. (This title should be the subject of your email to us).
- A rough estimate of what you think the length of the article will be.
- Any relevant information about yourself and your experience level. If you’ve been published elsewhere or have examples of your work, those are always a plus to send along with a link.
Send your article or pitch to email@example.com. We get a ton of submissions and some months we’re not accepting any new articles, so it sometimes takes a while for us to get back to you; so be patient in waiting for a response.
Disclaimer and Legal Stuff:
*Because we’ve been doing this for a long time, we’ve done thousands of articles covering tens of thousands of interesting facts and we currently have several thousand main article ideas lined up to-do, along with thousands of quick facts; we also get tons of pitches from various writers all the time. The point being, if we reject your particular idea/angle, but then later you see something similar show up on Today I Found Out, rest assured, we didn’t steal your idea. We really don’t care who writes the articles, so long as they are original, factual, well written, and interesting. So if we like your idea/angle and your article is well written, we’ll buy it from you. There’s really no benefit to us in waiting and paying someone else to do it.
*Legal mumbo jumbo: If your article submission is accepted and you agree to sell it to us, you agree that TodayIFoundOut.com and its parent company Vacca Foeda Media has the full right to publish your article and that you are the author of that article. Furthermore, you agree that once your submitted article is published on TodayIFoundOut.com, TodayIFoundOut.com (representing Vacca Foeda Media) becomes the sole owner of all copyright, publishing, and other rights related to the article’s content. (We will of course give credit where credit’s due when we publish the article, but our legal adviser says we have to have these rights in order to publish it in the first place, in order to avoid potential legal problems down the road.)