10 Interesting Star Trek Facts
Embed This Infographic
- “To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before” is Thought to Have Been Inspired by a Line from a White House Pamphlet on Space
- The Iconic “Live Long and Prosper” Hand Gesture Was Originally a Jewish Sign
- “Scotty”, a.k.a. James Doohan, was shot six times storming Juno beach on D-Day
- Wil Wheaton Did the Voices for Various Romulans on the 2009 Star Trek Film
- The Teen Who Played Jake Sisko on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is the Nephew of Former MLB Star Kenny Lofton
- Leonard Nimoy Came Up With the Vulcan Nerve Pinch
|Share the Knowledge!|
re: the first season uniforms, I think it’s a hark back to the early complaints that the OS uniforms didn’t look “futuristic” enough. As the OS costume designer once said: “We talked to NASA about what people would wear in the future and it always sounded like long underwear”.
It’s probably also why they tried the shorts on men in the first season, to respond to complaints that the miniskirts in the OS were sexist in that there was no male equivalent.
Ah, yes, the so-called “space cheerleader” uniform (as described by Marina Sirtis). Personally, I thought they were kinda hokey (translation – looked stupid on men), and quite unnecessary.