10 Interesting Junk Food Facts

Noreen 21

Embed This Infographic

Expand for References and more Information

1. Sleepy March 19, 2011 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Snickers was originally named Marathon but the name was changed when they expanded the sale of the product to other countries

Daven March 20, 2011 at 5:18 am - Reply

@Sleepy: Sources? From everything I’ve read about the history of Snickers it was only called Marathon in the United Kingdom and Ireland and then only until around 1990 when the name was changed to Snickers to match the name it had always been sold under in the rest of the world.

2. fajas colombianas March 23, 2011 at 9:01 am - Reply

I didn’t know that lifesavers candy would create sparks when broke up.

3. Nick May 4, 2011 at 9:01 am - Reply

Hahah I remember Tang. My father’s old restaurant was next door to the Tang factory and we used to serve a lot of those guys. Crazy seeing 100 foot tanks of orange powder.

4. Leftover Chicken Recipes October 18, 2011 at 3:35 am - Reply

Just think if Mars hadn’t have gotten bought out with the M&Ms, how much that would be worth today! :)

5. belbowls December 27, 2011 at 1:39 pm - Reply

When I was in 4th grade (1978/79) it took my friend and I (ew gross to do this but what do kids care?) 847 random ‘licks’ to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

(smaller person is smaller lick I guess). :P

6. jennifer September 24, 2012 at 2:41 am - Reply

I was not aware of this, the article was pretty interesting. I just love snickers and enjoyed reading about it. :-)
    My dad used to bring a bunch of it for me every time I scored well in the exams; may be, that inspired me to do study well..:-)

7. Yer Pal January 23, 2014 at 4:22 pm - Reply

All hard sugar candies spark? I have a hard time swallowing that one. Ba-dum tsshh! Thank you very much.