The Mathematical Volume of a Pizza is Pizza
Today I found out that the mathematical volume of a pizza is pizza. How does that work you say? Well if z = radius of the pizza and a = the height then Π * radius2 * height = Pi * z * z * a = Pizza.
On a different note, three statisticians go out hunting together. After a while, they spot a solitary rabbit. The first statistician takes aim and overshoots; the second aims and undershoots; the third shouts out “We got him!”
And now something to tickle your punny bone:
- Q: What do you get when you take the circumference of your jack-o-lantern and divide it by its diameter?
A: Pumpkin Π
- Q: What is the first derivative of a cow?
A: Prime Rib!
- It was recently mentioned on CNN that the new prime number discovered is four times bigger than the previous largest prime…
- “I’ve heard that the government wants to put a tax on the mathematically ignorant. Funny, I thought that’s what the lottery was!” – Gallagher
- “A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn’t there.”– Charles Darwin
Bonus Math Facts:
- In a group of 23 people, there is about a 50% chance that 2 of the 23 will have the same birthday.
- Everything you can do with a ruler and a compass you can do with the compass alone.
- The equals sign (“=”) was in 1557 invented by Welsh mathematician Robert Recorde, who was fed up with writing “is equal to” in his equations. He chose the two lines because “no two things can be more equal”.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy:
- On Average, People Who Earn Less Than $13,000 a Year in the U.S. Spend 5% of Their Gross Earnings on Lottery Tickets
- The Reason There is No Nobel Prize for Mathematics has Nothing to do with a Wife/Mistress of Alfred Nobel
- Where the Word “Algebra” Came From
- Albert Einstein Did Not Fail at Mathematics in School
|Share the Knowledge!|