A Group of Turkeys is Called a “Rafter”

Daven Hiskey 4

Embed This Quick Fact:

Click Here for Sources and to Learn Why Turkeys are Called Turkeys

A group of turkeys is technically called a “rafter”, though they are often incorrectly referred to as a “gobble” or simply a “flock”.

Share the
Print Friendly
Enjoy this article? If so, get our FREE wildly popular Daily Knowledge and Weekly Wrap newsletters:

Subscribe Me To:  | 
Check Out Our New Book!»


  1. roger November 23, 2011 at 6:00 pm - Reply

    why is a group of turkeys called a rafter of turkeys

  2. Marty September 4, 2013 at 5:09 pm - Reply

    they are only called a rafter of turkeys if they are domesticated turkeys. A group of wild turkeys are called a flock.

Leave A Response »