Trey Parker’s dad’s name is Randy Parker and, like Randy Marsh, he’s a geologist. Sharon Parker is an insurance broker, unlike Sharon Marsh, who is a receptionist at Tom’s Rhinoplasty. In addition to that, Shelley Marsh on South Park is also named after Trey Parker’s older sister Shelley.
Matt Stone’s mother, Sheila Stone, is also Jewish, much like Sheila Broflovski. The last name Broflovoski is derived from Sheila Stone’s maiden name, Broslovski, which was later changed to Belasco when her family immigrated to the United States. Stone’s father, Gerald Whitney Stone, is an economics professor, unlike Gerald Broflovski, who is a lawyer.
Stone also has a sister named Rachel, but creating a character for her in the Broflovski South Park family was ruled out because they felt Stan and Kyle were already too much alike. Instead, they gave Kyle an adopted younger brother, Ike.
- The character Stan Marsh shares a birthday with Trey Parker, October, 19th.
- Trey Parker does the voices of: Stan Marsh, Eric Cartman, Randy Marsh, Marvin Marsh, Starvin’ Marvin, Clyde Donovan, Mr. Garrison, Ned Gerblansky, Dr. Alphonse Mephesto, Stephen Stotch, Mr. Hankey, Santa Claus, God, Sexual Harrassment Panda, Mr. Mackey, Officer Barbrady, Ms. Choksondik, Timmy, Jimmy Vulmer, Tuong Lu Kim, Phillip, Satan, and a few other minor characters.
- Matt Stone does the voices for: Kyle Broflovski, Kenny McCormik, Leopold “Butters” Stotch, Gerald Broflovski, Stuart McCormik, Jimbo Kern, Jesus, Saddam Hussein, Big Gay Al, Pip, Terrance, Tweek, Craig Tucker, Father Maxi, Skeeter, and Mr. Adler.
- Randy Marsh also bears the same name as a Major League Baseball umpire. The umpire, Randall Gilbert Marsh worked as a major league umpire from 1981-2009, umpiring in the 1990, 1997, 1999, 2003, and 2006 World Series and serving as the crew chief in the latter three listed there. Marsh was known for maintaining a very small, but remarkably consistent strike zone, making him a player favorite for his consistency and professionalism.
- Matt Stone holds a dual major degree in mathematics and film from the University of Colorado at Boulder. Trey Parker majored in music at Berklee College of Music and later at the University of Colorado.
- Although South Park often satirizes religion, Parker, on Nightline, stated he believes in God and finds the idea of athiesm ridiculous: “Basically … out of all the ridiculous religion stories which are greatly, wonderfully ridiculous — the silliest one I’ve ever heard is, ‘Yeah … there’s this big giant universe and it’s expanding, it’s all gonna collapse on itself and we’re all just here just ’cause … just ’cause’. That, to me, is the most ridiculous explanation ever.”
- On politics, Matt Stone stated: “I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals.”
- Matt Stone was raised in the Denver, Colorado area, before moving to Littleton Colorado. Trey Parker grew up in the Conifer, Colorado region.
Expand for References