Carbonite Backup Coupon Code
The automatic online backup service for Windows and Mac, Carbonite, is currently offering a free 15 day trial of their service and, if you decide you like it, they’re currently giving away the first two months free with the following coupon code: BLOGAD
Carbonite’s award winning computer backup system offers unlimited, secure, and simple online backups that take place automatically in the background while you use your computer, so long as the computer is hooked up to the internet. They also offer anytime/anywhere access to your backed up data via a smartphone, iPad, or other internet capable mobile device.
Their backup system automatically searches your computer for relevant files that need backed up. It then encrypts and compresses the files using 128 bit Blowfish encryption. The files are then transferred via a secure connection and are stored in Carbonite’s servers in this encrypted form. When you need to recover the files, they are transferred back to your computer in their original locations and decrypted.
This unlimited backup service, named the “Best Windows Backup Tool” by Lifehacker, costs just $59 per year or about $4.91 per month. You can learn more and sign up here.
- Carbonite was named after the fictional substance used in Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back to encase Han Solo for transport to Jabba the Hutt. The carbonite substance in Star Wars was used to keep tibanna gas fresh. It could also be used to put living things in stasis, such as criminals for transport.
- Carbonite is also the name of an old frequently used coal mining explosive made primarily of nitroglycerin, wood meal, and some type of nitrate.
- To date, around 100 billion files have been backed up using Carbonite since 2005 with around 7 billion so far successfully being recovered by the users using Carbonite. Today, the company backs up around 200 million new files per day.
- Around 6% of people who own a computer will experience some data loss every year.
- Around 140,000 hard drives fail per week in the U.S. alone.
- 31% of all PC users have experienced total loss of their data.
- Carbonite was the winner of the 2010 Tech Circle Gold award; named the 2010 Privately-Held Company of the Year by the Mass. Technology Leadership Council; and 2010 Smaller Business Association of New England Innovation Award Winner. Their CTO, Jeff Flowers, was also named the 2009 CTO of the Year by the Mass. Technology Leadership Council.
- Fictional Elements and Materials: Carbonite
- About Carbonite
- The Carbonite Story
- Innovative Backup Service
- Carbonite: Explosive
- Carbonite Online Backup
|Share the Knowledge!|